Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Richmond - an ignored cousin of the Washington Metro Area

So after an unexpected and frustrating delay on I- 95 last night, I made it to Westin of Richmond to surprise my Hubbs.  After a night of wine, cheese, and mini toasts (my new addiction), I was ready to explore Richmond in all its' vintage glory.
Oh Bordeaux, how I love you :)

Might be buying in bulk soon


Power Breakfast for my adventure


Carrytown, Richmond VA - http://www.carytownrva.com/, a gem in the RVA area and the best part is plenty of free parking, or maybe the parking fairie was on my side.  Lots of "one of a kind" shops, vintage, thrift, antiques, cafes, yogurt places, tattoo parlors, and a Subway :)  
So here are the Rants and Raves for Carrytown:

Raves - parking, historic buildings, unique stores, friendly staff even if you don't buy anything, wide array of choices, semi kid friendly, and much lower prices than in DC.

Rants - smokers (I know I'm in the Phillip Morris territory but it was a bit too much); seems that there is a high turnover in shops, so if you are going to buy something make sure you really want it; uneven floors inside the stores since the buildings are old, so watch your step (learned it the hard way); little number of coffee shops or other people watching places.  

Adorable wine tags from Mongrel http://www.mongrelonline.com/

Original work at Urban Row LLC, where everything is handmade by American artists.

I took a picture of this Bistro for my Hubbs.  

There you have it.  While Richmond would not be my first place to visit when in VA, I would certainly like to come back to Carrytown for the fabulous shopping that it has to offer.  Where else can you find Charles David shoes for $50?

Don't forget to care and share,

Mrs. Ritz

What are some of the "ignored" places  you can suggest?  Would love to hear from you

No comments: