Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend meals

One of my favorite summer vegetables to get from a farmer's market is corn.  I could eat it grilled, boiled, in salad, salsas, as a side dish, any way, any time :)  So here is a recipe that I got from www.allrecipes.com and tweaked a little to my taste.  My son and Hubbs, who happen to be pretty picky, actually had more than one helping.

Summer Corn Salad
Ingredients: 
3corn ears, husked and cleaned
1 large tomato, diced or cubed
half of onion, diced
1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs white vinegar
1 tbs italian dressing
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook corn, then drain, cool, and cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife. 

In a large bowl, toss together all of the ingredients. 



Chill until serving.


Enjoy!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Like your blog as well :)